Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 13:53:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        RSK <rsk@u.arizona.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bootmgr

Please wrap your lines at about 70 characters, thanks.

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, RSK wrote:

> I have 3 hard drives.
>
> PRIMARY CONTROLLER:
>     1) Master - 6.4 UDMA - FAT32 - Win98 Boot
>     2) Slave - 6.4 UDMA - FAT32 - Storage
> SECONDARY CONTROLLER:
>     1) Master - 540meg - FreeBSD
>     2) 32x CDROM
>
> Now when I installed freebsd, and install the bootmgr, I have tried
> installing it on the 540 megger, AND on the Master 6.4 (thinking that
> the machine would need the bootmgr on the MBR of the MAIN disk) and
> NOTHING works... it just basically boots straight into win98 every
> time.  I have also set the 540meg and the master 6.4gig to BOOTABLE,
> before installing the bootmgr...  (I install the Easy boot option) and
> nothing is working... its driving me nuts.. I get no menu, nothing,
> just as if I never installed Freebsd... am I missing something?

You may need to install BootEasy on the first disk manually.  Sysinstall
has a habit of putting it on the wrong disk.

Swap the FreeBSD and the storage disk.  Your BIOS can'tboot the FreeBSD
volume; it can only see the first two disks.

Doug White