Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:57:18 +0100
From:      pbdlists@pinboard.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install of FreeBSD 4.2 hangs at plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0

Tim,

Finally I feel sane again, finding that I'm not the only one with this
problem. I have a GigaByte dual processor BX board as well where I just
can't install FBSD 4.2 nor 4.3. The same problem on my Dell Inspiron
3700. All releases before were no problem. Nor is it a problem to
install 4.2 on an old Compaq machine.

Unfortunately I don't unterstand the internals of device drivers etc.,
so I can't fix the problem. But I think it would be good to know how
many people actually encounter this problem. It's something which may
well turn many people away from FBSD.

Kurt