Date:      Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:18:36 +0100
From:      Alfatrion <alfatrion@cybertron.tmfweb.nl>
To:        Ray Seals <rseals@vdsi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cvs-supfile question

Ray Seals wrote:

> I have just completed my first cvs source synch (From 4.4 RC to 4.4
> Release), build world and make world.  Everything seems to have gone
> well, but I have a couple of questions.
>
> My cvsup file has the following lines:
>
> Base=/usr
> Prefix=/home/ncvs
>
> It downloaded all the new sources into /home/ncvs/src.  After I do the
> make buildworld and make installworld, does it copy the src directory
> from /home/ncvs/src to /usr/src?  Is this something I need to do
> manually?

It doen't copy it in to /usr/src. Thats the whole point of prefix. You
can update in /usr/src by changing the prefix to /usr.

> Is that also true for the ports collection?

The port collection is just like the src in the prefix directory. So yes.

My supfile: (/root/supfile, in mycase)

*default        tag=RELENG_4_4
*default        host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default        prefix=/usr
*default        base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default        release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress

src-all
ports-all       tag=.