Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 13:12:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      Stephane Legrand <Stephane.Legrand@wanadoo.fr>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Possible change to first page on site

Jesus Rodriguez writes:

 > >Just a suggestion : could the first page become a CGI script which
 > >look at the browser name ("HTTP_USER_AGENT") and send a special newby
 > >page for the Window$ or Mac browsers ?
 >

 > I think this is not a good idea because not everybody using Windows or Mac
 > browsers are newby... usual FreeBSD users may use Windows or Mac at job or
 > some other place...
 >
 > JesusR.

Yes, of course. I agree that not _every_ Mac or Window$ users are
newbies to FreeBSD. But i think there is lot of more chance that a
newby uses a Window$ or a Mac browser than a FreeBSD one :) This is
just a suggestion to try to increase the chance to send a page which
will fit the user needs.

--
Stephane.Legrand@wanadoo.fr               | FreeBSD Francophone
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stephane.legrand/ | http://www.freebsd-fr.org/