Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 06:45:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      nvp@mediaone.net
To:        banta@ghulam.force9.co.uk (Ghulam Dastgir)
Cc:        nvp@mediaone.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XWindows programming

> thanks for replying. I've tried what you've said but I still get the same
> errors. I've confirmed that all the named directories exist.

Hmm.  The following (with your included code) works for me -- just
tried it:

prompt$ gcc yourfile.c -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/include -lX11 -lXt
prompt$ ./a.out
...etc...

> This porbably seems extreme but I'm thinking of re-installing XWindows on my
> FBSD2.2.6 (perhaps there's some bug somewhere !?!).

Well, if you installed XFree86 from /stand/sysinstall, I don't see
where the installation could've gone wrong.  :-)

--
Nate Patwardhan
nvp@mediaone.net