Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:37:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        Lars Bungum <lars.bungum@copyleft.no>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gimp

> I did try to deinstall, re-make, and reinstall xsane, but I am still
> left with the same error message.
>
> And yes - I just recompiled and reinstalled gimp successfully, after
> having removed xview.  This means that my xsane is built on my recent
> gimp build, but nevertheless ask for this non-existing library.  Maybe
> something can be tweaked in the makefile?

I just noticed that when I compiled xsane, I didn't have Gimp installed at
all, and since I didn't bother to define WITH_GIMP, xsane was compiled
without the --enable-gimp configuration option.  Since I was successful at
running xsane by itself (not as a plugin to Gimp), perhaps you would be
too if you did it that way.

I also notice that the gimp-devel port was only added a few weeks ago.
The xsane port may not yet support it.  Probably the gimp1 port would work
better.

Anyway, the xsane maintainer, Dominik Brettnacher, would surely be more
knowledgeable about this than I am.
--
Trevor Johnson