Date:      17 Jun 2002 01:46:07 -0600
From:      Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Coffin, Dexter" <idnopheq@comcast.net>
Cc:        Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4(-Servers) and Alpha 4.5-RELEASE

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 07:08, Coffin, Dexter wrote:
> Hi, All!
>
> XFree86-4.2 uses DRI for the ATI cards.  DRI works on Alpha Linux (Red
> Hat and Debian) but not on FreeBSD.
>
> The FreeBSD DRI developers know this and will get to it when they can,
> IIRC.
>
> I'm running 4.1 with the old ATI drivers for my 16MB Rage Pro on a
164LX
> just fine.

What does the DRI have to do with that?  The files he listed were the
DDX (2d) driver files.  They include only a little code for the DRI,
which as far as I know shouldn't cause any problem with Alphas (The
piece of the DRI that's missing for them is the DRM).  Or is there
something else?

Also note that DRI support is not available for that chipset in XFree86
releases anyway.

--
Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~eanholt/dri/