Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:37:50 -0700
From:      Nick Jennings <nkj@namodn.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with 'nautilus2' port

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 05:03:12PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 17:05, Nick Jennings wrote:
> >
> >  I had GNOME installed, and just recently upgraded to GNOME 2.0 (after
> >  cvsuping to the latest ports tree). Nautilus2 built fine, but when I
> >  try to run it, I get the following error:
> >
> > nkj@grenzik: ~$ nautilus
> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgailutil.so.13" not found
[...]
> >  When I use the binary package (pkg_add -r nautilus2) I get the same
> >  error.
[...]
> >  I upgraded from GNOME 1.x and am not sure if that has anything to do with
> >  it. I did try to get rid of what GNOME 1.x stuff I could identify, (and
> >  which did not have listed dependencies), so I'm not sure if that did it.
> >
> >  Also, I've tried removing nautilus2 and re-building, but I get the same
> >  behavior.
>
> libgailutil is installed as part of x11-toolkits/gail.  It's imported
> into nautilus2 via the eel2 port.  Do this:
>
> portupgrade -fr gail
>
> You should be set after that.

 Thanks for the tip. I did so, and it finished successfully  (It rebuilt quite
 a few packages, including gnome2). However I am still getting the same error
 when running nautilus.

 Also (since I just discovered the portupgrade package) have just realized
 that my pkgdb is a bit off. Running pkgdb -F comes up with quite a few
 bad references. I am still a bit fuzzy on what *exactly* I should answer
 yes or no to when doing this, so I'm kinda blindly fumbling my way through
 it. Then I suppose I will try your suggested command again.

 I read the manpage on portupgrade, as well as pkgdb, which didn't really
 explain in detail what it was doing when asking the questions. Is there
 any other documentation on this type of stuff?

 I'm pretty sure I broke some things when I upgraded to GNOME 2.0 (I did
 it just by going into /usr/ports/x11/gnome2/ and running 'make install'
 while the GNOME 1.x was installed, and then, afterwards, removing what
 GNOME 1.x stuff I could. Is that the proper way to upgrade?).

 Right now I am seeing lots of little gnome icons (like the ones in the
 "Action" menu) missing (replaces with a big red X). That tells me something
 is not right :)

 Thanks in advance for any further assistance.

--
 Nick Jennings
 nkj@namodn.com