Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:10:42 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        ajs@labs.mot.com, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mozilla won't open window after upgrade

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 05:40:57PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 17:35, Aron Silverton wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I made some major upgrades to my ports and now I can't get mozilla to
> > open up a window.  I've deinstalled and reinstalled. At each step I
> > verified that my ports collection (cvsup) was recent and that my ports
> > db (portsdb -uU and pkgdb -F) was in good shape.  Below are the versions
> > and screen output that I receive.  I get this all the time and there is
> > no other Mozilla processes running.  The same behavior is seen under
> > Gnome (no longer installed) and KDE 3.1.  Any suggestions?
>
> Try running fc-cache -f -v and see if that helps.

It wasn't until rebuilding XFree86-4-font75dpi that fc-cache would
actually rebuild the cache. Thanks to the -v I could see where it
got stuck, fc-cache was just hanging at some point.

I still can't change the size of the mono-spaced font on the fly
(alt-- and alt-=) without having it hung, but that can be a mozilla
vs mozilla-devel problem.

Maybe I should restart X, it's running since September 29th and
there have been a lot of rebuilds of the meta-port itself :-)

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |    Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/weblog.php