Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:51:53 +0100
From:      "David J. Weller-Fahy" <dave-lists-freebsd-questions@weller-fahy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: upgrading 4.10 to 5.3

* Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net> [2004-12-21 07:27 +0100]:
> If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong let me know. Also, if you
> think I should just dump 4.10 and do a new install of 5.3 I can do that
> as well. I've got another drive I can install 5.3 on.
>
> I'm hoping I can upgrade so I don't have to configure a new 5.3 system.

I never did get back to the aklug list, did I?  Darn.  Anyway, here's
the summary of my upgrade from 4.10 to 5.3:

Everything looked like it worked (I didn't get the errors that you did
on make buildworld), however the machine started acting flaky within 24
hours after the upgrade.  I can't remember what exactly it was doing,
but I ended up doing a clean install of 5.3.

Hope that helps.
--
dave [ please don't CC me ]