Date:      Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:28:18 -0700
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Wesley Gentine <colazelli@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Anish Mistry <amistry@am-productions.biz>
Subject:   Re: acpi_fujitsu doesnt work

Wesley Gentine wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 10:46 -0400, Anish Mistry wrote:
>>On Tuesday 16 August 2005 11:01 pm, Wesley Gentine wrote:
>>
>>>Thank you Nate!
>>>
>>>But, my acpi is FUJ FJNB18B as above:
>>>
>>>acpi0: <FUJ FJNB18B> on motherboard
>>>acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
>>>
>>>Thanks for all!
>>>

>>So is this working now for you?  What functions work (eg. Backlight,
>>pointer enable,etc.)?  What functions do not work?  Let me know and
>>I'll try to fix the driver to handle your laptop.
>>

 > Unfortunally nothing works.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Wesley Gentine

My suggestion only fixes the initial attach.  I suspect something
farther on during runtime operation is looking for the volume support
and bailing out because it's not present.

Anish, the problem is that his system doesn't have the volume methods
(at least GVOL) so acpi_fujitsu_update() returns an error instead of
just operating without volume control.  A complete fix should make the
rest of the driver operate even if volume control (or ideally any other)
component is missing.

--
Nate