Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:49:57 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Wilkinson,Alex" <Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>, <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ATA on a Cabriolet?

>FWIW, I have a Promise ATA/33 board that works just fine in a Miata.

I have a Promise ATA/100 controller, with an attached WD 40GB ATA100 HD.
I also have 2 SCSI disks.

I have just put the WD ATA disk into my Alpha pws 500au.
The world and kernel are still on the SCSI disks.

My Question:  Since the SRM can only boot from a SCSI disk, what is the best way
              to organise my filesystems ? (I only want to use the SCSI disks for
              booting FreeBSD).
              Should I have a seperate /boot on the SCSI disk and the rest of the
              filesystems on the ATA disks ?

Thanx

 - aW