Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:49:59 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Not booting automaticall

On 2002-12-17 13:08:16 (-0500), Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu> wrote:
> Philip Paeps writes:
> > Then it just sits there until I hit enter, and then loads the loader and the
> > kernel and everything works happily.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to get this to work automatically again?
>
> OK, next guess..

 :-)

> So, I think that there may be some line noise on your serial console
> line or keyboard cable which is interrupting the boot process.

The funny thing is that it was working :-/  I think I did something silly, but
I did so many things I can't quite remember what the silly thing was :-)  I
tried rewriting the bootblocks on the disk (disklabel -B da0), but that didn't
seem to fix it either.

> People who've trashed their /boot/loader would probably pay money for such a
> feature ;)

I can believe that :-)

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  Real programmers argue with the systems analyst as a
  matter of principle.