Date:      06 Jan 2003 20:07:59 -0500
From:      Daren Desjardins <desjardins@canada.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cordless Keyboard + Mouse

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 19:58, Nate Williams wrote:
> > Has anyone been able to get the Logitech Cordless Elite Duo, or any
> > cordless kb/mouse combos to work?
>
> I've got the older Logitech 'Natural' wireless keyboard + wireless mouse
> working fine.  I've had it for almost 3 years now, and aside from having
> to change batteries every 4-6 months it's been rock solid.
>
> > I have the Cordless Elite Duo however the system only detects my
> > keyboard, and I have to use a corded mouse. I have been searching around
> > and yet to find anything on getting the combos to work.
>
> I didn't have to do anything to get it to work for me.  I plugged the
> mouse connector into the mouse slot, the keyboard into the keyboard
> slot, and all is well.

My combo uses a single reciever for both devices, sounds like you have
two?

dmesg shows that both the mouse and kb were detected, mouse as ums0 and
kb as ukb0. XFree is set to use /dev/sysmouse, but dies with no core
pointer if I dont use the corded mouse.

ukbd0: Logitech USB Receiver, rev 1.10/13.10, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0: Logitech USB Receiver, rev 1.10/13.10, addr 2, iclass 3/1