Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 2014 19:55:43 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Chuck Burns <break19@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad support

On 27 August 2014 17:22, Chuck Burns <break19@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:56:02 PM Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> Also, I'm doing all of my debugging/development on freebsd-head rather
>> than freebsd-10. I'll post updates to freebsd-wireless when I've
>> updated iwn(4) to fix bugs.
>> (And yes, there's a loong list of things to fix with iwn.)
>>

>> -a
>
> I wonder if the firmware issues are going to be just on this nic, or if it's
> an overall problem?

It may be duplicated in other device drivers. Some of them share
similar histories.

> I've had all sorts of wifi issues as well with my intel card, but it's a
> iwi(4) card...

The wpi/iwi stuff is quite old and I'm quite sure there's some lurking
bugs there.

> One can always hope that fixing iwn might shed insight into my other wifi
> issues.

It's possible. I have iwi/wpi hardware somewhere, but there's almost
no documentation anywhere about what's going on so fixing things is
likely not going to happen :(

-a