Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 11:59:32 -0600
From:      Waren Stout <wstout@pixi.corp.es.com>
To:        Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        wstout@pixi.corp.es.com, freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (fwd) trouble installing FreeBSD 2.0.5

	I have one SCSI drive on a 1542 card dedicated to FreeBSD.  The machine
is...
	i486/33
	16 Megs ram
	IDE control with 2 400 Meg drives
	SCSI adaptec 1542, 766 Meg
	Mitsumi single speed CDROM
	Sound Blaster
	5 1/4 and 3 1/2 floppies
	Hercules SVGA video 1 Meg ram

The installation seems to go well up until the end.  I get to the point of the
post-config.  It doesn't seem to set up the boot manager.  When I reboot there
isn't a boot manager installed.  Is there some way to boot from floppy?  Is
there some way to exit the installation program and remain booted?  I could
them find the kernel and dump it to floppy.

	Thanks
		Warren