Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 15:56:49 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Subject:   Re: ideas from netbsd

Julian Elischer writes:

> > (part 2)
> >
> > i looked a bit into NetBSD and it's sources and got the following
> > ideas:
>
> I've heard some grumbles about NetBSD's setup and we might do worse than
> asking them if there is anythign they might do differently if they were
> to be doing it again.. Failing that, I see no reason for us to be
> different from them, for no reason.
>
> We should also find out what BSDI have done

I use BSDI in a network with FreeBSD.  What do you want to know?  How
setup works?  It's much more primitive (no menus or that sort of
thing), but it does much of the same sort of thing as FreeBSD setup.
The biggest difference is how the distributions are extracted: they
divide the total distribution into about 25 smaller distributions and
give you a sort of text menu in which you can select which
distributions you want.  Another nice thing is that, at plenty of
points in the setup procedure, it offers you the opportunity of
dropping into a shell and having a look at what's going on behind the
scenes.

Greg