Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 18:17:18 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ported andrew system (AUIS 6.3) to 2.1, need Tester

> I took a look, it was mostly ok and compiled and packaged fine after
> minor changes.  I imported it into x11/auis so please take a look.

Oh, fine ! ;-)

> Seemed like a new version (6.3.1) was released after you made the port
> (or something like that---the checksums were all wrong), but the
> patches all worked.

Well made the same experience... Phone bills are so high
here since January 1996 that I deceided, not to ftp the
newest free version.

> There are so many files in the system, I couldn't list all the files
> in pkg/PLIST ("can't exec tar") so I just put "andrew" in there.  The
> packaging went fine. :)

Hehe ;-)

> People who know about AUIS, please test!

Please do so ...

Things that have to be fixed:

	a) Things like /usr/spool/mail -> /var/mail
	b) Try the AUIS html editor (separated package, see AUIS
	   Home Page) and try to include an image into ez...
	   -> core dump

But I didn't had the time to take a close look ..

Thanks Satoshi, that you made the step to include it into ports
without a direct mail...

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@knobel.gun.de       /\/\___  Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH