Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 00:57:27 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        sbhaskar@ix.netcom.com (swaminathan bhaskar)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with X

Lo and behold, swaminathan bhaskar once said:
> Dear BSD Gurus,
>
> I am not able to run the X server on my system which has the ATI Mach64
> graphics accelerator with 2MB DRAM.
>
> I have tried all the combinations and nothing seems to work. Any
> answers.

   Upgrade to Xfree86 3.1.2D, available from:

   ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/ in the 3.1.2D/FreeBSD-2.0.5 directory.

   This solves the problem of the screen going blank when you start X.

   Also try using the SVGA server to make sure the rest of your config
is working, but 3.1.2D fixes the bug with the newer ATI Mach64s.

  -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)