Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 07:18:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Charles C. Figueiredo" <marxx@apocalypse.superlink.net>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        "Brett L. Hawn" <blh@nol.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd + synfloods + ip spoofing

"I don't want to grow up, I'm a BSD kid. There's so many toys in /usr/bin
that I can play with!"

Charles C. Figueiredo            Marxx                  marxx@superlink.net

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> >and the such need to generate their own headers. Besides, unless your
> >clueless losers and lame crackers gain root, they can't open raw sockets.
>
> Any PC with an ethernet card on the network can open "raw" packets.
	You're right, that was my point exactly. User's on his servers aren't
going to be opening raw sockets, like was mentioned. It's a raw socket,
not a packet.

> And they might not even have to be there while the sniffer collects
> data.  I've seen the consequences first-hand.

	This has absolutely nothing to do with sniffing, we're talking about
IP spoofing + TCP sequence number generation/prediction, get it straight.

Marxx