Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 1996 16:06:21 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

> No matter how bad this discussion may irk you, it's better than
> causing RichardBSD and TerryBSD and MikeBSD and...

I don't see as there's anything I could do to avert such an outcome,
assuming the principles were intent on branching off to that degree,
and everything I could say in stating FreeBSD's own position has
already been said so there's not much more I can say to dissuade them
either.  I've offered all that's in my "power" to offer, and if you're
all waiting for better terms from me before making your decision to
split, then all I can say is split now and good luck.  You want the
keys to the store as a prerequisite to progress and they're just not
mine to give out.

					Jordan

P.S. Perhaps my metaphors are flawed here and there, but rather than
protest that you *don't* want the keys to the store at all but merely
policy/concensus/communism/whatever, please keep in mind that it's
only a metaphor by which I'm simply trying to make a point, that point
being that that what you want, for whatever reason, you're not going
to get nor is any one person empowered to give it to you.  You can keep
hitting your head against this wall or you can learn to scale it.