Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 1996 14:19:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray)
Cc:        chat@freefall.freebsd.org

Mark Murray wrote:

> "Jonathan M. Bresler" wrote:
>
> [impressive stats deleted]
>
> > 7198 addresses are unique.
> > the "winners" in the race to subscribe are:
> > 	(truncated at about 30 lists/person)
>
> How many of these are not "real"? (ie how many are spammers or
> /dev/null? (there is a large devnull in there...)

	69 are devnull. one for each list.

	how many are spammers?  dont know.  give me a list of spammers
	and we can match 'em up.  some quantity of subscribers on
	the low volume lists are "inactive" or "non-functional"

	on the active lists the figures are pretty good
	i get from 600-1200 bounces a day.  we send out
	~180,000 messages a day.
jmb