Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 13:46:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        gibbs@plutotech.com (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, michaelh@cet.co.jp, joa@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de, sysop@mixcom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VFAT 32 support in msdosfs

> >> By the time you add Unicode and security to Win95 you would have WinNT.
> >
> >Windows 95 already has Unicode.
>
> Not outside the filesystem.  99.9% of all UNICODE APIs in Win95 simply
> return.

Not the ActiveX string marshalling interfaces I've been using.  Are you
referring to the ones implemented by CTL3D32.DLL?  We've already been
over all that... they don't count, because smart programmers will use
the subset common to both platforms.  Even dumb programmers will, if
they want to get their "Designed For Windows 95" logo certification,
which requires that the progam also run on NT.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---