Date:      Mon, 05 May 1997 14:41:50 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: One last call for a show of hands on the ALPHA port...

> What about those of us who already own our own Alpha machines, and have
> already started porting the FreeBSD VM code to NetBSD/Alpha?

Glad you mentioned that - someone else just reminded me that I should
have said something about this.

If you've already *got* an ALPHA machine then you are, of course, more
than welcome to join this effort in whatever capacity you're
comfortable with.  My previous annoucement was simply an effort to
determine the best homes for these rather limited resources from
Digital.

I also have an ALPHA already and might consider making it available
"to the cause" in some fashion, perhaps by bringing it into Walnut
Creek CDROM and plugging it into the LAN so that guests could log in
and start poking around with various bits of technology.  Don't know
how useful that would be, however (the box runs Digital UNIX 4.0B).

					Jordan