Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 17:48:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <tim@ppp6564.on.sympatico.ca>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ac199@hwcn.org, jamie@itribe.net, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, pechter@lakewood.com, softweyr@xmission.com, freebsd-chat@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTC regulating use of registrations

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> 	"credit to their family" means, to me at least, that
> 	other people are favorably impressed by their honesty
> 	and integrity and humaneness.  someone that other might
> 	use as a role model.

I prefer the phrase that you used in a private email, "so that they
look good" [to [a `just'] society].  It's the term "credit to their
family" which conjures-up, in my mind, at least, images of parents
who are more concerned about looking like good parents than being
good parents.  These are a dangerous type of parents.

> 	best to leave it.  some religions have beliefs/practices that
> 	are incompatible with other religions.....we dont need that
> 	blood shed here.

Well, it might've gotten off-topic.  :)  Religion does relate to
raising children in at least so much as choosing the "right thing"
(eg. "raise them so that they look good to society").

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names