Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 23:22:26 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more struct ifnet move lossage.

In some mail I received from Mike Smith, sie wrote

> > I'm curious...does tcpdump still compile on -current, `out of the box' ?
>
> src/usr.sbin/tcpdump, src/contrib/tcpdump.  And look ma, no diffs.

No, I mean get tcpdump from ftp.ee.lbl.gov and compile that (3.4a5).
10:1 it doesn't compile (I'll put money on it :-).

> > (Just to state the obvious, you don't compile tcpdump with -DKERNEL)
>
> Speaking of stating the obvious; you don't expect to have the
> kernel-private data structures that are the subject of so much
> vitriolic hatred to stay put, do you?

I'm not commenting on this because I've had enough of it.

> All of Terry's comments on a procedural interface are 100% on the mark.
> If you don't like the grief that the structure changes are causing you,
> now is the time to participating in producing a *BETTER* interface.

Well, I didn't know they even existed until this nasty little thread...
maybe I'm just not on the right freebsd email lists where these sort of
things are announced and discussed.