Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:18:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?I=F1aky_P=E9rez_Gonz=E1lez?= <inaky@peloncho.fis.ucm.es>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Development of a UNIX-wide USB standard API

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, John-Mark Gurney wrote:

> > At the moment, I don't believe there's anyone in the FreeBSD camp
> > active on USB.  Having said that, I'm sure that there are more than a
> > few people that would be *very* interested in seeing USB happen in a
> > standardised fashion.  Whether any of us would be able to attend USB
> > forum meetings is perhaps a different matter.  8(
>
> actually, Doug White was thinking about doing some work on USB, but
> I'm not sure if he's actually started anything or not...

Not yet and probably not for a long time.  Other projects are higher up on
the todo list, one of those being graduating :-)  If anyone else has time
and/or knowledge, please go for it.  I still have to buy a USB header for
my asus board and some usb device to test with :-)

I like the idea though.  When you say `attend', do you mean virtually or
physically?

> > Naturally.  Is there a mailing list or other forum where one might
> > listen and perhaps contribute to the process?

Echo.