Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:24:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Terry Todd <tlt@tltodd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: using ipfw to block icq

I've got the opposite problem.  Somewhere ICQ is being blocked for me, but
shouldn't be.

ICQ sends it's stuff mainly on port 4000.  But the app allows you to get around
firewalls and seems to be specifically designed for this.  The typical user to
user stuff is supposed to take place between UDP ports 2000 and 4000, although
I've found it uses UDP 1190-1237 (Which is where I was blocked).  Don't ask why!

Patrick