Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 14:32:34 -0500
From:      dannyman <dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org>
To:        "Ron 'The Insane One' Rosson" <insane@oneinsane.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Daylight Savings Time - bug

On Mon, Apr 06, 1998 at 12:15:26PM -0700, Ron 'The Insane One' Rosson wrote:
> James & Everyone.. I saw it too.. The header of this message has
> my version of FreeBSD.. Just curious on the outcome of why
> it occurred.

> On Mon, Apr 06, 1998 at 11:16:04AM -0400, James E. Housley wrote:
> > Did anyone else notice that the Sunday AM Daily and Security scripts
> > didn't run with the change of time to daylight savings?  Is this a know
> > glitcht that only happens once a year and there for is not a big
> > problem?

One note I've seen is this isn't a cron bug, but stems from the fact that
on the day we switch to DST, there is no 0200h - it's really just an
oversight on the part of whoever it was that set the default here to 2AM.

Me, my crons run at 0430h, for sentimental reasons. :)

--
  //       dannyman yori aiokomete       ||  Our Honored Symbol deserves
\\/ http://www.dannyland.org/~dannyman/  ||  an Honorable Retirement (UIUC)