Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:38:04 +0200
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
Cc:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: diehl diva

On Thu, Apr 30, 1998 at 07:53:00AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > So my question, guess what: does i4b support that piece of hardware?
>
> Hellmuth is right on this: the daic driver does not support the Diva,
> and the daic driver is not yet functional.
>
> As far as I know there is no spec available for the diva cards - if you
> could (1) get the specs from EICON.Diehl and (2) borrow me the card and
> the spec for a few weeks I guess we'll get it working. But (1) is the hard,
> if not impossible part. The reason I bought a SX back in the old days was,
> that at that time it was the only documented card.

OK. Thanks for all your comments. I believe, at the present state
it wouldn't be worth the effort putting so much energy in developing
a driver for a rare card which may be phased out on behalf of
the vendor anyway.

I also have a Bianca BRI (Bintec), which was even a lot costlier
and which has done it's job as an ISDN router in pre-bisdn times
under KA9Q. The same would apply for that card, I would say, R.I.P.