Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:29:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        fschan@capgemini.com.sg, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIC drivers

>> Just curious, how do one find the neccesary info to write a driver of
>> say 3c509 fro FreeBSD?
> You mean like, eg. /sys/i386/isa/if_ep.c?  (The 3c509 driver.)

Last I heard, the 509 driver was buggy.  (According to LINT, it still
is.)  When I last tried it about eight months ago, it was still buggy.
Cursory tests now (I've got one in this box, on the same LAN as an
NE2000) indicate that it may still be broken.

Happy hacking,
joelh

--
Joel Ray Holveck - joelh@gnu.org - http://www.wp.com/piquan