Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:51:33 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        thepish@freebsd.org, ac199@hwcn.org, cvs-committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.bin/time time.1 time.c

In message <199807271508.BAA19199@godzilla.zeta.org.au>, Bruce Evans writes:
>>>I thought committers were not messengers? Aren't we responsible for
>>>vetting/spellchecking/style management?
>>
>>If we enforced that, none of the PRs would ever get into the tree I fear :-(
>
>There isn't time to do it right :-(.

Unfortunately no, there isn't, and consequently we have boatloads of good
stuff sitting in old PRs, which just erode away as the patches get more
and more unapplyable, but it hardly matters, because nobody looks in the
PRs anyway...

If every committer did one PR a week, things would look a lot different
of course...
"ttyv0" -- What UNIX calls a $20K state-of-the-art, 3D, hi-res color terminal