Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 00:30:55 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@backplane.com>, committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld/installworld, minor inconsistancies

In message <199809170539.NAA28385@spinner.netplex.com.au> Peter Wemm writes:
: I "fixed" this at home by making doscmd.kernel be built in -aout
: mode.  The doscmd driver program just has a simple a.out loader.
: Making it understand elf wouldn't be too hard and is probably the
: right thing - or use some other simple format that binutils can
: generate.

Hmmm.  Lots of ELF loaders around.  I'll have to give this a whirl.
I'd hate doscmd to be the only reason to have aout-like code enabled
in the compiler.  Once the kernel and lkms are ELF, I think this is
the last thing...

Warner