Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:44:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Youse <cyouse@hecate.syncom.net>
To:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
Cc:        david@sparks.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD K6-2/300 problem

Generally this problem can be associated with defective memory.  Or, in
some systems, mixing memory types.

I had a Dual P2/300 system that exhibited similar symptoms with regard to
compilations.  When I removed the a pair of 16 meg SIMMs (leaving just the
64MB SDRAM) the problem went away.  The SIMMs tested OK, so the problems
must have resulted from the mixture.

Chuck Youse
cyouse@syncom.net