Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PC mag ref (good and bad) to FreeBSD

> I think they worded that in an ambiguous way: "WinNT surpassed FreeBSD."
> That's what they wanted you to read, but I think what they actually meant
> was, "WinNT's increase in performance with added memory surpassed
> FreeBSD's increase in performance with added memory." That of course just
> means that WinNT needed more RAM, while FreeBSD was perfectly happy with
> what it had.

	Of course everything one reads in one of those magazines needs to
be taken with a grain of salt (in some cases an entire salt lick!) It'd
be interesting to see exactly how much money Microsoft spends in
adveritising to that magazine. Case in point... I saw one magazine a few
years back say that Packard Bell was the BEST overall computer to buy!

						Rick