Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:09:58 +0200
From:      Thomas Runge <runge@egd.igd.fhg.de>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and NetBSD coexistence?

As all answers didnt get the point, I'll write this:

NetBSD (upt to 1.3.2 - the last official release) and FreeBSD
use the same ID for their partitions. So it's not
possible (!) to use both OSes on one computer, as
nobody knows where to boot from.

BUT. I've been told, that NetBSD-current switched to
another ID, so it's now possible for both OSes to
coexist on one computer.

So, use NetBSD-current or wait for the next release.

--
Tom