Date:      Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:19:25 -0500
From:      "Eric S. Nooden" <noodene@beloit.edu>
To:        John <jta001@coes.latech.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel Compile problems

At 03:15 AM 10/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>ioconf.o: Undefined symbol '_sbxvidriver'  referenced from data segment
>ioconf.o: Undefined symbol '_sbmididriver' referenced from data segment
>**** Error code 1

These are SoundBlaster references.   Do you have a SoundBlaster card
installed?  Did you just not enter the device info correctly?  I would read
p.49 (5.3.9 Sound Cards) of the online handbook.  If you purposely included
a SB device(s) did you remember to put in "controller snd0" ...it must be
in there!

Hope that helps,

Eric