Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 02:38:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jb@cimlogic.com.au (John Birrell)
Cc:        julian@whistle.com, dag-erli@ifi.uio.no, green@unixhelp.org, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, peter@netplex.com.au, mike@smith.net.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it soup yet? :-)

> > they fetch updates overr the net.
> > but they don't have code to replace the bootblocks
> > to do that would mean 2 upgrades, one to get the new software that CAN do
> > so, and one to replace them.
>
> So why can't you do that?!
> Do you have dependencies between your upgrade versions (or whatever you
> call them)?

Yes.  You have to be able to downgrade automatically if the upgrade
doesn't work.

No matter what happens, it has to work.  Period.

If you have questions as to what this has to do with a.out on
post upgrade hardware, you can ask Julian for more detail.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.