Date:      24 Apr 1999 11:01:44 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        Richard Cramer <rwc@cscfx.sytex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cistron-Radius

Richard Cramer <rwc@cscfx.sytex.com> writes:

> I am trying to get a sense for how man of you are using Cistron-Radius and
> whether it would serve any purpose to have a separate listserver. Let me
> know your success quotient.

I'm planning to use it at one or two small ISPs in place of Livingston
to get features only Cistron can provide: deny multi logins, hacks to
allow time-of-day-based access, etc.

Right now I'm at the it-builds-and-auth-test-works-at-home stage but I
haven't integrated with a NAS yet -- still learning.

There is a CISTRON list. Not sure a freebsd-isp-radius-cistron@freebsd.org
would be that helpful: probably too small a user community. Besides,
if you narrow it too much you might not hear stuff on a cistron-only
list which would help. I found out about Cistron, for example, on a
portmaster-radius list; never would have heard if I was on a
Livingston-only  list...

Later.