Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 15:12:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        razzle dazzle root beer <marko@Oof.NET>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: accellerated X 5.0 multihead on 3.2-stable with matrox mil G200

>Also, even in single monitor more, accelX is extremely slow compared to Xfree,
>so much that it is practically useless. I suppose I could install freebsd2.2
>but I'd give up the second Xeon processor then. :(

Wow, is this true?  In the past on my machine (MM II w/ 8MB) I found the
Xig server to be a hair faster than XFree86.  That was only using one
machine, and using Xaccel 4.x.  Seems strange it would slow down so
significantly.

I haven't tried doing it under >=3.2 yet, and I may not.  I'm holding out
for XFree 4.0 with overlay visuals before I plunk down more money for the
server.

Brian