Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:33:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
Cc:        walton@nordicrecords.com, nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 770

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Doug Ambrisko wrote:

> Dave Walton writes:
> | Ugh.  The 770z comes with a single 128MB card.  Maybe if I cut it in half...
> | So what now?  Wait for 3.3?
>
> Are you sure?  My 770z came with two DIMMs.  Did you take the memory
> cover off and look?  I know the spec's say one.  The second one is half
> tucked away under the case so in total it has room for 3 modules.

	Actually, Doug is right.  It comes with one DIMM on the system
board that is 64 megs which would require taking the entire system apart
to get to and a removeable 64 meg DIMM.  It has room for 3 modules but
only two are user changeable to get a total of 320 megs if you remove the
64 megs and put in 2 128 meg DIMMs.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]