Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:57:34 -0600
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Nguyen Manh Tho" <manhtho@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Converting mail account from WinNT Server to FreeBSD Server

Hi,

    It is a lot of work but I have one solution, maybe someone else have a
better one, or a simplier one.
    I dont know if Netscape uses the NT Database for the mail system, but if
it does, you could use an utility called "addusers.exe", in the NT4 Resource
Kit for getting all the accounts in the system, if you dont have it, I could
send it to you, you will have to use it as follows:

addusers \\computername /d filename -> will dump userlist to a file "without
passwords :o(  ".

addusers \\computername /c filename -> will create accounts listed in the
file (in an NT server).

Once that you have your file already, you can open it in Excel (its a coma
separated values .csv file), delete the columns that you dont need, delete
the group information, add the password field, write down all your users
passwords, and then you can make an script to merge this file in to FreeBSD.
If your mail boxes files are in standard mbox format, you could copy them in
to /var/mail, and you will have to chown each one of the files to the
original owner, and "chmod 700 *" for security.

Have Fun...
Ales