Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:07:55 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Johan Christiansen <Johan@Haz.dk>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.8-STABLE GENERIC buildkernel fail

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 10:21:41PM +0200, Johan Christiansen wrote:
> >It sounds like you've been messing with the headers in /usr/include
> >and have damaged the ability of your system to compile a kernel.
> >
> >Kris
>=20
> Are there any way that I can restore this ability without installing the
> whole system over?

The following steps may be enough to fix it:

make buildworld
rm -rf /usr/include
make installworld

You probably have other miscellaneous files (binaries, libraries, etc)
installed in /usr which should also be removed.  Doing find /usr
-mtime +1 after the installworld may help to locate these.

Kris

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU--