Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:23:19 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        msmith@FreeBSD.org (Mike Smith)
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.org (S ren Schmidt), cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/burncd Makefile burncd.8 burncd.c

It seems Mike Smith wrote:
> > sos         2000/01/06 14:43:19 PST
> >
> >   Added files:
> >     usr.sbin/burncd      Makefile burncd.8 burncd.c
> >   Log:
> >   New ATAPI burner utility. Replaces wormcontrol.
>
> Of course, an ATAPI passthrough would have meant that you could just use
> cdrecord with all it's nice features and bug-compatibility without
> reinventing the wheel _again_...

I've been looking at cdrecord several times in order to try put in
a backend that could use a do_this_atapi_cmd_ioctl directly on the
device. But spending more than 15min, looking at the source, is a
sure way to make you head hurt, this was so much more pleasant, and
alot faster to do. Not to speak of smaller, easier to understand, the
right license and whatsnot :)

But by all means if anybody has the nerve to teach cdrecord how
to do such a thing, I'll happily add that ioctl to the driver.

However if you are talking CAM again, well ....

-Søren