Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:19:47 +1030
From:      Mark Newton <newton@internode.com.au>
To:        Glendon Gross <gross@clones.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newpcm

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 10:08:17AM -0800, Glendon Gross wrote:

 > Are there any tricks to enabling Awe64 support?  I initially removed my
 > Awe64 card from my first FreeBSD machine to avoid interrupt conflicts, and
 > now I would like to try to integrate it back again.  Would you mind
 > sending me your /sys/i386/conf/GENERIC or correct kernel build file?
 > Thanks!   --Glen Gross

The relevent bit from my kernel config is:

    device pcm0

:-)

Way back in the dim dark ages I used to use a boot.config command
which set it to "os" configuration mode and explicity configured IRQ,
DRQ's and port numbers to the same values I was using in my old
"controller sbc0" configuration line, but I don't need to do that anymore.

   - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton@internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton@atdot.dotat.org  (H)