Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2000 23:57:26 +0200
From:      "R.I.Pienaar" <rip@pinetec.co.za>
To:        Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux user meta port

On Wed Feb 02, 2000 at 10:15:33PM +0100, Alexander Langer wrote:

> Seriously. I think the linux-moving-port package is very useful.
>
> That combines everything ppl from linux expect to be on the system.
>
> I know that from myself, one of the first apps I install on every
> freebsd-machine is "less".
>
> So far, don't make jokes about this idea. I think it's good. :)

well, I have the port, the moment I have a name for it I will send in the pr
and get it in the tree.

btw, on the ircII/epic question, redhat comes with ircII and its my fav :)
might have something that gets printed when run interactivly giving the user
the option of irc client and mail client etc.

something like, make install IRC=epic MAIL=pine etc.

if none is specified a nice help is printed.

--
R.I. Pienaar  rip@pinetec.co.za

      "I don't know.  I'm confused.  Who *are* you?  Where are my shoes?"