Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:51:10 +0100 (CET)
From:      Remy Nonnenmacher <remy@boostworks.com>
To:        cokane@one.net
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xl0 packet dropping, still

On 16 Feb, Coleman Kane was caught persisting on:
> Can this be fixed, or is it caused by a deficiency in the hardware?
>
> --cokane

Wait for 4.0 to have it fixed or the fix MFC'ed to stable.

From a personal POV, I have got too much problems with 3com like cards
that i now let Win$ users suffer with that brand (anyway, they keep
going stealing me good cards when I'm not looking).

I would recommand that you switch to an (Ex-)Digital 2114x or Intel
8255[89] based one. I would favor the Intel chip since it provides the
lowest level of interrupts/packets processed, hence a lower system load.