Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 23:22:38 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Scott Mitchell <s.mitchell@computer.org>
Cc:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Raylink driver/Mapping attribute memory

In message <20000220144552.22305@lungfish.freeserve.co.uk> Scott Mitchell writes:
: AFAIK no approved way to do it in 3.x.  I don't think the Xircom
: hack actually breaks anything; it's just non-portable, hard to maintain and
: plain ugly :-)  There will be a clean interface to pccard memory in 4.x,
: but it's not implemented yet (is that right, Warner?)

Well, it isn't completely implemented yet.  I have some preliminary
stuff that doesn't work yet.  I've wanted to get my cdrom and CF cards
working first, which I've done and sent patches off to be reviewed...

For 4.0[*] I'm not going to provide generic CIS parting routines, but
will enable the drivers to map a memory window into either the common
or attribute memory.  Driver writers will be able to use this in any
way they see fit.  I plan on mapping at most 16k to be shared between
the various pccards on a pcic in the system.

This is the last item on my 4.0 wish list.  The others are done or
deferred at this point...

Warner

[*] Subject, of course, to the Uberhubbard's approval.