Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 01:41:48 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        "Mike Smith" <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HPDA/DAC960PL (was Re: How good is AMI MegaRAID support?)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Smith" <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>

| > mlx0: <Mylex version 2 RAID interface> port 0xdc80-0xdcff irq 11 at
| > device 13.0 on pci0
| > mlx0: couldn't allocate mailbox window
| > device_probe_and_attach: mlx0 attach returned 6
|
| What firmware revision are you running?  This looks like your card
isn't
| supporting a memory-mapped region for the mailbox window - I should
check
| for this I guess.
|
| I'm fairly sure that 2.42 or later will work.

I took a leap of faith and downloaded 2.73 from Mylex web site and
flashed it onto my HPDA aka 960PL card.  With the Mylex utils and the
new firmware I've found I have two dead disks in this cabinet, but I was
able to format the three remaining as RAID5.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the above error message. Any potential
workarounds?