Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 16:44:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: cvs commit: src/sys/alpha/alpha autoconf.c interrupt.c ipl_f

On 05-Oct-00 John Baldwin wrote:
> jhb         2000/10/05 16:09:58 PDT
>
>   Log:
>   - Heavyweight interrupt threads on the alpha for device I/O interrupts.
>   - Make softinterrupts (SWI's) almost completely MI, and divorce them
>     completely from the x86 hardware interrupt code.
>     - The ihandlers array is now gone.  Instead, there is a MI shandlers
> array
>       that just contains SWI handlers.
>     - Most of the former machine/ipl.h files have moved to a new sys/ipl.h.
>   - Stub out all the spl*() functions on all architectures.

The mcpcia and dwlpx PCI chipsets are not confirmed to work.  It does
work ok on the Miata here that I have to test on though.  There is still
some bogusness in the alpha interrupt code where it grabs Giant when it
probably shouldn't be.  Also, at least one person on the -alpha list
has reported that his SCSI bus isn't probing succesfully with this, but
I figure the chances of getting this fixed are increased with the code
under more eyes.  Also, having this in the tree should make keeping the
ia64 tree in sync easier as well as the ia64 port borrows heavily from
the alpha port atm.